Board index WOODGRANGE WEB FORUM GiggleGate Comedy Club.

GiggleGate Comedy Club.

Post Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:48 pm

Hi people. DON'T MISS!!

Maybe you've noticed the banner for this event on the home page. Tickets are £6 in advance: £8 on the door.

This will be our sixth event, having started last October.
There are all kinds of Stand-Up Comedy events run at a great variety of levels - so to clarify what we are >>

Operating on a Thursday we are able to engage top club circuit comedians as headliners. These all frequently perform in much larger clubs and many have made TV appearances.
So basically, we're a pro-level night and all acts are paid to perform. There is sometimes one exception on each bill when we give a stage opportunity to a relatively new comedian but even these we select very carefully.

The audience, now running into the 50s, have been great so far. Being fairly proactive and not at all aggressive you have all helped the club considerably: The top acts have enjoyed performing here so much that word spreads and others become easier to book. Help from industry individuals has been superb.

Questions welcome here!

Post Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:40 am

Well then.
Sixth event done and dusted and audience holding steady at a decent level. The support of those who've attended all or nearly all is much appreciated and an indicator of the value I hope. Still room for more so do come along and if you have any questions I'm happy to answer them here.

Anyone present want to give some feedback?

Post Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:33 pm

Hi there,

I was present at this week's Gigglegate as a first timer - thoroughly enjoyable night and fantastic to see this in our very own Forest Gate - normally you would have to travel and pay a fair bit more to see something like this! Great idea and really helps in the regeneration of Forest Gate in a truly empowered way. I was a particular fan of the MC Pam who was horrendous and captivating in equal measures.

All I can say is I look forward to the next one!

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:27 pm

Thanks very much Katy.

I'm very happy that you had fun.

Tickets for the next will be available from the venue circa middle of next week and also from 'wegottickets.com'.

Another superb line-up with top acts that normally perform in much larger clubs.

Nick Doody headlines.

With support from Susan Murray, Jimmy Bird, Janine French and all held together by MC Jack Samuel Warner.

Details when I get a mo and I think the board admin may be helping out again with a front page banner.

Have fun!.

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:40 pm

Many of you might also know from flyers that we have Bob Mills coming for our April event.

You'll remember him from TV in various panel shows and hosting his own.
There's a saying in the comedy industry - "Do you want someone from TV or do you want someone funny", that being cos, quite frankly, the top circuit comedians are generally better by the time TV producers have messed with the talents of those that made it.

Well, rest assured Bob is an exception to that; He's ALWAYS funny and is currently storming the best of other clubs. I'm over the moon he's finding time for us!

---------------------

- and today I've been dancing around the house at our latest booking. For May we have the absolutely awesome Eddy Brimson.
Talking to our previous top headliners it has been a case of "you wanna book who - are you kidding -- he's huge!!?"

Well I did want to and I have!!

How? Well I have to say a big thanks to the audiences so far because these top level acts are only coming, at the limited fees we can pay, because they've heard what a lovely lot YOU are!!

Keep up that great atmosphere people - and bring ya friends cos I can only keep it viable with a few more bums on seats.

Post Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:54 pm

Just a quick update people.

Posters are now prominently displayed at the venue for the forthcoming event 28th March.

Tickets are availabel at the Bar NOW @ £6.50 and it will strictly be £8 on the door.

Do remember this is the night before the Good Friday holiday so early booking is advisable; I've already been told many local teachers will be attending as it is also the end of term.

A little info on the opening and closing acts >>>

SUSAN MURRAY
http://www.chortle.co.uk/comics/s/613/review?original=1
http://www.comedycv.co.uk/susanmurray/index.htm

NICK DOODY
http://www.chortle.co.uk/comics/n/272/review?original=1
http://www.comedycv.co.uk/nickdoody/index.htm

----------------------------
See you there!

Post Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:42 am

HELLO TO ALL GIGGLEGATORS

HOW WOULD I GET THROUGH THE MONTH WITHOUT GIGGLEGATE WHAT WITH THE WEATHER CRAP THROUGH THE LETTER AND ON THE TV. I AM ONE OF THE OLDERST GIGGLEGATORS SO YOU MUST MAKE SOME ALLOWENCES FOR THAT. AND I CANT SPELL. BUT I LOVE THE BANTER FROM THE GOOD NATURTED TURD.PLEZE SUPPORT THE CLUB BY COMMING AND GOING.GOD BLESS HAPPY EASTER.AND I HOPE TO BE ABLE TO SEE YOU ALL NEXT MONTHLY CLINIC.

UNCLE JOE 90.

Post Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:57 am

Yo all you Gigglers of the Gate!

This Thursday 25th sees our 8th event and we are very proud to be able to welcome a household name - BOB MILLS as the headline act.

You may remember him for his TV series 'In Bed with Me'Dinner' but Bob has numerous other TV credits.
Apart from that, he is an accomplished and successful writer and is currently rocking Comedy Clubs everywhere. As a small independent club we are very lucky to have been able to book him.

The supporting acts also promise to be great:

Angela Barnes is a former winner of the 'BBC Radio 2 New Comedy Award' and has appeared on Russell Howard's Good News. With a relaxed and friendly style, she talks about so much you will recognise - especially the girls!

Glenn Moore is a runner-up from the prestigious 'Chortle Student Comedy Award'. We've caught him early, before he goes on to become a star!

Mark Silcox is a relative newbie. He has quite a unique act based around originally coming from South India and what you see is who he is!

That lot - and the rest of us, will all be ably kept in check by a fantastic MC, Juliet Meyers: With a mix of silliness and on the edge material, Juliet has the chatty and engaging style I already know you 'Gaters' love.

---------------------------------

Tickets are available from the Pub Bar @ £6-50 in advance, which is a great deal for such a line up. On the door will cost you £8 and still a bargain!

Advance tickets are also available on-line >>> http://www.wegottickets.com/event/217814 with a 10% booking fee.

---------------------------------

C U all Thursday people!

Return to WOODGRANGE WEB FORUM